last blog

 1. What are your professional goals, 1 year, 5 years and 10 years into the future? What will accomplishing these goals let you do? How will accomplishing these goals impact those around you and what will it make possible for those in your community? 

My one year goal is to land a job after graduation, which I have already secured :) My 5 year plan is to find a gradate school and committee that aligns with my aspirations. My 10 year goal is to obtain a PhD and find a job that is fulfilling. I hope my achievements will encourage my nieces and nephews to pursue higher education as well as my community. 

2. What are societal challenges that matter to you that you think it's important to deal with now? What do you think are the challenges that will matter 10 years in the future, and 20 years in the future? How do you think these challenges will be addressed, and what will need to happen to make sure that they are?

I think racism is the biggest challenge that needs to be dealt with now, and in 10 years and in 20 years. I think there needs to be reparations paid and I think we need a new police system. 

3. What is something that makes you optimistic about the future, and why? This could be something big and impersonal (improving price of Li-ion batteries) or something small and personal (a new pet). Please describe how it feels to focus on this thing that makes you optimistic, and discuss whether you think it is a good idea to be intentional about being optimistic. 

I am optimistic about my future as a scientist. I think I have worked hard, but as a student I was worried I would not be able to find employment after graduation. It feels great to know that my research has lead to a job. Yes, its a good idea to be intentional. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gel Electrophoresis DR-0172

Blog 4